We’re all sheltering in place and praying for the eventual vaccine to be developed sooner rather than later. Help me out and play along with this post. Please tell me the following:
1. What book, other than the Bible (hopefully we’re all spending some time each day reading scripture!), you’re reading now (or plan on reading.)
2. The title of the book, other than the Bible, that you read last.
3. Your favorite book of all time, (other than the Bible.)
So here are my books:
1. I am currently reading, “The Splendid and the Vile” by Erik Larson. It is a book that tells the story of Winston Churchill and how he led England to face Germany with courage and in doing so, affected the history of the world. I’m just in the second chapter but it is great so far!
2. The last book I read was, “Upstairs at the White House: My Life with the First Ladies” by J.B. West with Mary Lynn Kotz. It was a fascinating book written by J.B. West who served as the chief usher in the White House for several years. That role offered him direct contact with the First families of the White House – especially the First Ladies. In the book he shared glimpses into the lives of Eleanor Roosevelt, Bess Truman, Mamie Eisenhower, Jacqueline Kennedy, Lady Bird Johnson, and Pat Nixon.
3. One of my favorite books of all time (excluding the Bible, of course!) is “Les Miserables” by Victor Hugo. I have read it several times and always found myself inspired by its message. It is a story that calls me to truly look for ways to serve others – especially those in need.
Now, you don’t have to write as much as I did, if you just want to list the titles, great. If you want to put a thumbs up or down beside each one, great. if you want to include a book report for each one – great, but I’ll know that quarantine is probably getting to you!
Now, let me hear from you and share this post with your friends so we can hear what they’re reading as well!