Questions About the Trips
Below are the answers to the questions you might have about the upcoming trips. Please know that being flexible is very important as things can and will change during each trip. If you have additional questions please contact Julie Robinson for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-1009.
- What is the cost?
Donations are allowing us to make these trips free for those wanting to go work. We ask that those going to work simply pay for their meals on the trip.
- Who is leading the trips?
- September 14 – 17: Adam Hay, Raeleen Gile, Keith KingSeptember 28 – Oct 1: Susan Easttom and Beth ArmstrongOctober 5 – 8: Taylor Easttom and Julie RobinsonOctober 18 – 21:- Josh Attaway
- What is the Itinerary?
Day 1 – Depart OKC 6:00 pm
Arrive Dallas, Dinner and stay at Connect to the Kingdom (bunk beds and showers available)
Day 2 – Depart Dallas
Arrive in Houston by 12:30 pm for orientation at work starts
Evening – Memorial Drive UMC to set up camp. Sleeping in tents outside the church. Church facilities have showers, restrooms and kitchen for our use.
7:30 am Arrive at Christ Presbyterian Church for workday
Evening back to Memorial Drive UMC
Pack up camp and return to OKC
- What do I need to pack?
This is a mission trip and space for luggage is tight. Please pack only what you need.
- Work clothes (long pants)
- Sturdy boots and/or rubber boots for flooded areas
- Work gloves
- Safety glasses
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and Hat
- Bug Spray
- Twin size air mattress or cot
- Linens – sleeping bag, sheet, blanket, pillow, etc.
- Towel and wash cloth
- Bar soap or shower gel
- Personal hygiene items
- Backpack for worksite
- Extra clothes for evening
- Money for meals (see more details below) and incidentals.
If you have a tent that you want to bring, you are welcome. Otherwise, we will have two 8 man tents.
All areas where we will be may not be secure so please leave your valuables at home.
- What forms do I need to fill out?
Please fill out the following forms and return to Julie Robinson email@example.com or your team leader.
Please go to Samaritan’s Purse and complete volunteer form. They will email you options for volunteering. Please click on that email Day Volunteer and complete that form.
- Who can participate?
Adults 18 and older, or teens that have the following. 14 or older with parent participating.
- Can I plan my own travel or housing?
Please coordinate with your team leaders if you plan on making your own transportation or lodging arrangements.
- Do I need Shots?
It is recommend that you are up to date with your tetanus shots.