- Guest Singers at St. Luke's
Keely has been singing in churches and festivals since the age ofthree, and has been the recipient of several music awards for her achievements in vocal and piano performance, which led to her musical tours and studies abroad in Europe in 2010 and 2015. Keely has been a public health nurse for 3 years and is currently completing a doctoral degree in Family Nurse Practitioning at Oklahoma City University. Keely is passionate about improving healthcare in Oklahoma, yet continues to cultivate her passion for music by performing in local venues and singing in the chancel choir at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church.
Sean is so excited to join St. Luke’s for their Broadway Series! Sean was a part of Joesph… 5 years ago and it rightfully holds a special place in his heart. He has performed in and around the Oklahoma City area for the last seven years and is currently pursing a Masters of Music in Musical Theatre. Some of his favorite roles include Shrek (Shrek the Musical), Professor Bhaer (Little Women), Galahad (Spamalot), The Padre (Man of la Mancha), among others. Outside of the musical theatre realm, he writes and records original music, dabbles in opera, and drinks a whole lot of coffee while doing so. He is honored to be a part of such a special series and hopes that the music and story of Joesph gives you encouragement and enjoyment!
Melissa Griffith attended the University of Central Oklahoma where she obtained a Bachelor of Music in Music Theatre. There, she studied in the vocal studio of Dr. Marilyn Govich. Some of her favorite roles include The Wizard of Oz (Glinda), Mary Poppins (Mrs. Banks), Oklahoma! (Gertie), A Little Night Music (Mrs. Segstrom), Lyric’s A Christmas Carol (Belle, The Ghost of Christmas Past), Some Enchanted Evening (Julie), Boeing Boeing (Gloria), The Music Man (Marian Paroo) and HIGH SOCIETY (Tracy Samantha Lord). In March of 2017, Melissa graduated from Basic Military Training, and is now serving Active Duty in the United States Air Force as a Vocalist with the USAF Band of Mid-America.
Tommy came to OKC in 2013 after an extensive career in TV, Film and Theatre in NYC. You may possibly have caught him on stage at the Civic Center in 2012 when he was performing in the Broadway National Tour of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera. While in OKC, he has performed with Lyric Theatre, City Rep, The OKC Theatre Company, Sooner Theatre and has been a guest artist with The OKC Philharmonic and you may catch him on your TV in a variety of different commercials. This Christmas, he is returning to Lyric Theatre to join the cast of A Christmas Carol. When Tommy is not performing, he works as a representative for Leica Biosystems. Most importantly, Tommy and his wife Jenna have two beautiful sons Bobby and Brody.
- Video Clips from Shows
- Characters in the Show
- Sky Masterson – A charming but self-assured gambler. Sky is able to adapt to any situation but ready to reel off prepared anecdotes regarding his view of the world. Despite his failings, Sky is immensely likeable and oozes style.
- Nathan Detroit – A feckless and humorous manipulator, Nathan is the facilitator of illegal gambling in town. He maintains a distance by acting only as a broker; seldom a gambler. A consummate businessman with divided loyalties; he pacifies his fiancé Adelaide with vague promises of a marriage ‘some time’ in the future.
- Nicely Nicely Johnson – Nicely Nicely is an eccentric gambler and one of Nathan’s closest associates.
- Benny Southwest – He is a gambler and one of Nathan’s primary associates (friends).
- Arvide Abernathy – A member of the Save-a-Soul mission, Arvide is Sarah’s grandfather. He is a reasoned old man with a warm heart that harbors only the kindest intentions, even if he tends to be a little gullible.
- Rusty Charlie – He is a gambler and one of Nathan’s primary associates (friends).
- Big Jule – An intimidating hustler from Chicago, Big Jule is temperamental and a sore loser.
- Harry the Horse – He is a gambler with a complaining streak and is one of Nathan’s primary associates.
- Lt. Brannigan – Brannigan is a policeman engaged in what he perceives to be a battle of wits with Nathan to stop the craps game.
- Angie the Ox – Gambler in Nathan’s gambling group of friends.
- Joey Biltmore – Gambler and business man
- Calvin – Member of the Mission Band
- Sarah Brown – An idealistic but sheltered missionary, Sarah is kind-hearted but too categorical in her view of the world. She learns she has an adventurous side and goes through character changes over the course of the show.
- Adelaide – A strongly comic and classic show girl. A club singer and Nathan’s long- suffering fiancée, Adelaide is not always the brightest. Weary of the disruption Nathan’s involvement in the craps game causes to their relationship, she longs for quiet family life away from New York.
- General Matilda B. Cartwright – The regional director of the Save-a-Soul mission, Matilda is authoritative through necessity but motivated by charity.
- Agatha, Martha, Allison, Vernon, Ferguson – friends of Sarah.
- Musical Numbers
- Fugue for Tinhorns
- Follow the Fold
- The Oldest Established
- I’ll Know
- A Bushel and a Peck
- Adelaide’s Lament
- Guys and Dolls
- If I Were a Bell
- My Time of Day/I’ve Never Been in Love Before
- Take Back Your Mink
- Adelaide’s Second Lament
- More I Cannot Wish You
- Crapshooters Ballet
- Luck Be a Lady
- Sue Me
- Sit Down, You’re Rockin’ the Boat
- Marry the Man Today
- Guys and Dolls (Reprise)